In the past few years, the mobile industries have grown rapidly. According to Newzoo, the mobile gaming industry is expected to top $100 billion by 2021 and nearly 90% of digital gamers are mobile gamers.
Paid social has proven to be an efficient user acquisition channel. However, it’s not all fun and games: the competitiveness to capture users’ attention is at an all time high and ad fatigue is a growing concern. The need for high-quality creatives in different formats is more critical than ever as users are accustomed to static, video, and interactive ads. Before downloading an app, users also have hundreds of touchpoints with multiple devices, platforms, and placements, which makes attribution a labyrinth difficult to navigate.
Here’s how Smartly.io can help you win the game of paid social:
Playable Ads: Interactive Ads for All App Advertisers
As Facebook is rapidly evolving towards a mobile-first approach, they have introduced novel ad formats, such as Playable Ads. This interactive ad format offers a plethora of opportunities for app advertisers to engage with their users.
- Positive experiences with a playable ad significantly increases chances of a download. Whether it is the feeling of victory or the excitement of exploring different options, always aim to engage the user.
- Keep in mind that a Playable Ad is not a video, and thus, should be treated accordingly. Instead of focusing on time spent on the ad, count the interactions.
- Playable Ads offer several use cases for app advertisers across industries - so get creative. Read how the fashion marketplace Dolap created an innovative ad that calculated how much users could potentially earn by selling their clothes or how Daraz’ (the largest marketplace in South Asia) scratch ads with discount codes resulted in a 70% higher conversion rate.
- Allow users to convert at any time - show the CTA from start to finish.
More Is More - Create Data-Fueled Ads at Scale
A high volume of personalized, on-brand ads doesn’t need to mean high production costs or time spent on endless rounds of iterations. Automation frees up your team’s time, without sacrificing the look and feel of your ads.
- Design mobile-first video templates to create fresh and relevant creatives across markets and launch the ads from the same platform. Read more about our Video Templates and let your imagination flow.
- With Smartly.io’s new Modular Approach to Video, you can create hundreds of ads in (what feels like a) heartbeat. The ads are made of several “building blocks”, which can be combined in different ways, resulting in numerous ads to test. Get acquainted with Modular Video and get ready to start creating and testing!
Level Up Your Performance
Imagine, if your team could drop the tedious manual tasks and, instead, focus on more strategic and high-level initiatives? Automation makes all this possible, while improving performance. Here’s how:
- At Smartly.io, we take the fight against ad-fatigue very seriously. The tool allows you to serve fresh, personalized ads to your users by rotating ads based on time and frequency.
- What if an ad is not performing as you had hoped, but your team is too busy to manually monitor performance? Set your desired metrics on Smartly.io, and the tool takes care of the rest as it automatically pauses ads that are underperforming.
- Leverage Facebook’s Campaign Budget Optimization along with Smartly.io’s Predictive Budget Allocation, an AI-based technology to optimize your budget across multiple campaigns or funnel steps.
- On Smartly.io, you can sync 1st and 3rd party data in real time and optimize across the entire funnel.
Read more about what’s trending for mobile advertisers in 2019 in this blog post and meet us at Mobile Apps Unlocked in Las Vegas on May 1-2.