Do you code? Got some work experience or hobby projects to show off? Join our Smartly Squad in 2018 to build software for the largest online advertisers globally, add to your technical skill set, and maximize your learning! Application is now open.
Our 50+ developers have an incredibly large impact on our growth and success. Smartly.io is above all a product company, and as a part of our development team you will take ownership of our product development. You will have the opportunity to affect all aspects of our product: designing new product features, improving existing ones, and quickly resolving ad-hoc issues.
Who we’re looking for
Smartly Squad is for ambitious talents who are eager to develop themselves and take their skills to the next level. We’re looking for people who are currently finishing up their studies or have graduated recently, and who’d be able to continue as a full-time or part-time employee after the internship.
The following jobs are open for Smartly Squaders with coding backgrounds:
An ideal Smartly Squader is resourceful and loves to get hands-on to make things happen. They enjoy solving tricky technical problems and finding out how things work under the hood. The technologies and platforms we work with evolve incredibly fast as we're in an growing industry, which means the ability to learn quickly is super important for all Smartlies.
We appreciate analytical and technical experience. Previous experience in React, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Scala, PHP, MongoDB or PostgreSQL is definitely a plus. Fluent spoken and written English is a must, since English is the main language of the company.
What is Smartly Squad?
- It’s a 3-month paid internship program running year-round, with flexible start and end dates
- It gives you a chance to land a full-time contract at Smartly.io and rotate to our offices globally
- It's an opportunity for students with coding backgrounds to learn and work hands-on
- Squad members work as full-fledged members of our Engineering and Service Operations teams
- Work tasks range from participating in the everyday work of teams (e.g. product development, fixing bugs, customer support) to carrying out internal development projects
- You have full ownership and responsibility of your own work, but you get to work closely with your teammates
- Smartly Squad engineers are located in Helsinki, Finland
"The Smartly Squad isn’t really your usual internship — I was a full-fledged team member right from the start, working on product features and deploying code to production already on my first week. You get a lot of responsibility and really have an impact on what the team is working on", says Johan Jern, who started as a Smartly Squader in the Engineering team this year and is currently working as a Software Engineer in the Data Science team.
"The engineering team at Smartly.io is also tackling technical challenges of a rather unique scale, so the engineering challenges you'll face are definitely interesting", Johan adds.
How to apply to Smartly Squad
Check out the job descriptions and shoot us an application through our careers page. Remember to include your CV and any other relevant information (e.g. link to Github profile). The next phases will include a technical onsite interview, and an onsite coding exercise.
Some things we’d like to hear in your application:
- What drives you? Why do you want to work at Smartly.io?
- What would you bring to the team? Share one or two examples of your greatest learning experiences and achievements so far.
Psst! You may also want to check out our Fast track after you've sent in your application.
You're welcome to apply throughout the year. The start and end dates will be tailored for you case-by-case. In case you have any questions about the application, please contact email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!