Scaling Spend and Ensuring Positive ROI During Peak Season
Sun’s out, (BBQ) buns out. With a growing demand for outdoor furniture and gardening tools during the busy end-of-year season, NMPi had to think outside the box to generate solid total marketing and re-marketing ROI for Trade Tested.
Planting Lush Creatives and Optimization for Performance
On the paid social front, NMPi optimized for Facebook pixel data with its Campaign Budget Optimization. Combined with Smartly.io’s Predictive Budget Allocation (PBA), they ensured to spend the budgets as effectively as possible. Facebook’s native optimization algorithms that automatically adjusted budgets across ad sets coupled with PBA, helped maximize campaign performance.
To ensure stable conversion rate on ads, NMPi partnered with Smartly.io’s Creative Studio to produce a highly customized image template for all Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) activity.
NMPi and Smartly.io wanted to highlight different aspects of each product using a single image template for carousel ads - a preferred DPA format of Trade Tested:
* Sale price with reviews OR without reviews
* Retail price with reviews OR without reviews
The Dynamic Image Template displayed custom product information following the requirements of Trade Tested - all within a single carousel.
Blazing Results on Marketing ROI
The campaign outperformed the preceding year’s metrics:
- Total average ROI increased by 5% despite an increase of total Q4 budget by 95%
- Overall re-marketing ROI increased by 20% - significant improvement since focusing on DPAs and the re-marketing strategy
- Conversion rate remained relatively unchanged during the quarter despite doubling spend compared to the same time the previous year - an affirmation that their retargeting strategy was effective
“The partnership with Smartly.io’s Creative Studio maximized the performance of the campaign, signaling that we’re targeting the right audience with the right creatives.”
Jeanine Nagel , Digital Media Manager, NMPi Digital
Increase in Total Average ROI
Increase in Total Remarketing ROI