Each participant must read these Rules and other information on the competition carefully. By submitting an entry, a participant:
- acknowledges that they’ve read these Rules,
- agrees to be bound by these Rules, the decisions of Smartly.io (the sponsor of the competition) and the judges, AND
- represents they satisfy all eligibility requirements.
- Entries must be designed in Smartly.io platform, and submitted through this website by Y/Y HH:MM ([add time zone]) at the latest.
- Participants must include the same email address they use in Smartly.io platform to each of their entries.
Each participant can submit a maximum of three entries to each category: Image Templates and Video Templates. Six entries total per participant.
- Entries must be (i) in full original design and creation of participant, (ii) free from any brand assets, or any imagery, audio or other content subject to third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, design right or other), (iii) in compliance with all reasonable community standards, and in good taste.
- Entries must not contain or reference (i) obscene, offensive, disparaging, infringing, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate or violating language, imagery or audio, (ii) illegal or prohibited content, such as content that promotes or suggests gambling, use of firearms, illegal drugs, adult content, or taking arms or violence against any person, group of people or community, (iii) personal data (personally identifiable information) unless participant has received the valid sufficient written consent of a person who is recognisable based on any entry.
- If an entry includes written or spoken language, it must be in the English language.
- Smartly maintains the right to remove entries that do not adhere to the Rules or any common decency guidelines (as determined by Smartly.io at its sole discretion).
- Smartly maintains the right to disqualify contestants that submit inappropriate entries or more entries than allowed (three per category).
- The participant grants Smartly.io a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use (including without limitation the right to amend, use, make derivative works, assign and sublicense works) the submitted entries (Image or Video Templates) throughout the world in any media in our promotional materials, including but not limited to the competition page, Smartly.io’s website and on social media.
- The sponsors of the contest are Smartly.io Solutions Oy and Smartly.io Solutions Inc (together referred as “Smartly.io”)
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or to win
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age, and their participation must not be limited or prohibited by law of their country of residence.
- Smartly.io is not liable for technical errors or updates that prevent an Image or Video Template from working, though bug fixes will be applied to broken features
- Winners will be selected by the judges based on the criteria described in the announcement for the competition. Decisions cannot be appealed.
- Late submissions not accepted except with sole discretion of the jury.
- Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the end of the competition, and once notified, will have one (1) week to claim the prize.
- Each winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability / publicity release, tax filing information and other documentation reasonably requested by Smartly.io to claim the prize. If any required documentation is not signed and/or returned accordingly or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible prior to awarding the prize, Smartly.io may, in its sole discretion, revoke the prize and the winning.
- The prize is personal and cannot be transferred, except as required by law. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, but a winner can negotiate to choose another well known local retailer’s gift card instead of Amazon. The value cannot exceed the original prize amount. Smartly.io is not responsible if a prize is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- IF TAXES ARE APPLICABLE TO THE PRIZE, THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE TO REPORT AND PAY TO THE AUTHORITIES THE APPROPRIATE TAXES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW. AWARDING THE PRIZE TO THE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO SUBMISSION OF ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SMARTLY.IO TO PERMIT COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL AND FOREIGN TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. The winner is responsible for ensuring that the documentation submitted to Smartly.io complies with all applicable tax laws and requirements. Smartly.io reserves the right to withhold taxes as required by law.
- The competition is not associated with Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any similar entity where details of the competition might be shared and promoted.
- Each participant agrees that Smartly.io and it’s affiliates, Amazon, or any entities sharing and promoting the competition, will have no liability (to the greatest extent permitted by law), and will be held harmless from and against any liability or loss (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs), for all matters related to participant’s entries, participation in the competition, or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Smartly.io reserves the right to modify or cancel the announced criteria and the Rules for the competition at any time.
- The data controller for the personal data is Smartly.io, and may be contacted in privacy issues through “email@example.com”
- The email address and name collected from the participants are used for contacting the winners directly and to maintain creator information with the entries. The winners are published by using the nickname/title provided when submitting a participation form. Information possibly gathered from winners for providing the prizes are used for providing the prize and compliance with law, such as accounting and tax regulation. The creator information of the entries are used to respect creators’ rights and comply with intellectual property laws.
- The processing is based on it’s necessity for (i) the Smartly.io’s legitimate purposes of implementing the competition, (ii) performance of licenses (contracts) granted upon submission, and (iii) compliance with laws, as applicable.
- The personal information is stored on a secured database maintained by Smartly.io Solutions
- After the competition is over and winners have been contacted, the email addresses and names of participants will be deleted from our systems. The creator information is stored with the entries as long as we store the entries. The information gathered for providing the prizes are stored until the prize is handed over and the related legal obligations have expired.
- Each participant has a right to request (i) access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data, (ii) for restriction of processing concerning them or to object to such processing, and (iii) data portability. In case one considers their rights under the data protection laws being infringed, they may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the Data Subject’s residence in the EU (e.g. in Finland the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman)