User sentiment is a strong health signal when the main objective is to be impactful and to drive long-term positive, attitudinal change. Together with BrandBastion, Smartly.io developed a new service that gives brands access to real-time user sentiment data on their ads.
Brands can now understand how users feel about their ads and they can use this data to strategize and optimize their campaigns. Advertisers can take action based on how users perceive their ads by automatically optimizing budgets for ads with a positive sentiment.
In the Smartly.io platform, advertisers can build fully customizable optimization strategies that automatically increase the budget when the sentiment score is high. These optimization strategies also take into account the level of post engagement to ensure that the budget is not changed based on too little data. In practice, this means that the Smartly.io platform automatically keeps promoting the post as long as the sentiment data is above the threshold set by the user.
A Large Travel Brand Pilots the Solution
A large global travel brand piloted the solution to inform their paid social. As a part of their brand strategy, they promote content such as blog posts and articles that resonate well with people and have a chance of shifting brand favorability.
The Brand Bastion & Smartly.io Integration
- Tracks the sentiment level of each content piece in real time to allocate more budget to posts that are resonating well. The automated optimization, built by Smartly.io, makes budget changes based on the sentiment score of a post, which can range from -100 to +100.
- In the automated trigger, the client selects a sentiment score threshold based on historical averages, it adds +10% more budget every third day as long as the sentiment score is above that level.
- Customize strategies based on any relevant data point. All of the conditions and actions in the optimization strategy, like sentiment threshold and change frequency, are completely customizable on the Smartly.io platform. In addition to adding budget to posts that are resonating well.
- Pause ads with a negative sentiment. Stop running negatively perceived content automatically.
- Automated reporting. The travel brand also uses the triggers to send out automated alerts if the sentiment score drops significantly. See sentiment and campaign performance side-by-side.
If you're interested in testing this out for your awareness campaigns, contact your account manager at Smartly.io or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.