The home furnishing company HEMA was looking to increase their conversions and return on ad spend (ROAS). HEMA’s online marketing agency Oogst partnered with Smartly.io to bring automation into play in Facebook advertising
The shift from offline to online has been a challenge for HEMA. The brand is fully committed to growing their e-commerce through various conversion-oriented campaigns. They could already see additional online revenue through their efforts – however, there was still room for improvement with their Return On Advertising Spend (ROAS).
Smartly.io used Dynamic Ads (also called DPA, Dynamic Product Ads) that automatically retarget and promote products previously viewed by website visitors.
The first step was to create an efficient product feed with Channable's online tool. For each feed, product data was adjusted on the product level. This way, Smartly.io could deliver tailor-made ads per platform.
The second step was the creation of the Dynamic Ads campaign on the Smartly.io platform with a variety of automation and optimization features, including:
Creative Solution: Dynamic Image Templates
- Product images were adjusted automatically
- Copy was pulled directly from the product feed (price, discount percentage, product title, etc.)
- Creative was personalized with campaign design elements
- More than 1,000 products were turned into identical ads dynamically
- Each ad was unique and corresponded the Facebook users’ shopping behavior
Performance Solution: AI and Automated Optimization
- Predictive Budget Allocation
- Bid Optimization
The ‘Sinterklaas’ Campaign
Hema’s Sinterklaas holiday campaign is all about miniature santas. The Dynamic Ads campaign was created entirely in the Sint style, overlaying little Santas and Christmas characters, in the ads. The ads displayed different characters based on the price and had unique backgrounds for each product. Smartly.io’s Dynamic Image Templates made it also possible to adjust the background to the weather, for example: the ads would be cheerful and rich with colors on sunny days, whereas ads shown on rainy days would have a darker color palette.
But there are many other applications possibilities with Dynamic Image Templates from Smartly.io, such as adjusting the background to suit the weather. Cheerful and colourful when the weather is nice and when it rains a darker look.
The campaign increased HEMA’s relevance, which, in turn, increased their conversions. The Dynamic Ads campaigns showed excellent results and improved the ROAS (last click):
- 5x higher CTR than in Hema’s other conversion-oriented campaigns
- The ads had an average relevance score of 9/10 during the highly competitive holiday season
- The DPA campaigns drove a high percentage of monthly purchases on Facebook.