Senior Account Executive
Location: San Francisco
Smartly.io is at the forefront of a seismic shift in the way marketers communicate with consumers and prospects redefining the customer journey experience as they engage with brands. Given our incredible growth we are looking to add several accomplished and highly motivated Individual Contributors to our Team who will be responsible for growing Smartly.io’s business in North America.
As a Senior Account Executive at Smartly.io, you will put your consultative hunter instincts to use, and unleash your drive for accelerating new business growth. You will be calling on leading brands and performance advertisers to offer innovative solutions at the cutting edge of the digital marketing industry. You will build and manage trust-based customer relationships with large advertisers while understanding customer needs and delivering value-based solutions to them. As we have seen, certainly more than ever in the last 200 days, it matters how online platforms interact with consumers and deliver the right experience for both new and familiar brands. You are in the driver seat to open and grow target markets and verticals, and bring a positive impact on our clients while driving Smartly.io’s revenue performance.
In this full cycle sales role you will engage in prospecting activities including outbound communications, in-person meetings, and attending trade shows & conferences to create revenue generating opportunities. You will also respond to inbound marketing leads and/or referrals to and undertake the activities necessary to close business. You will understand our customer’s needs, articulate Smartly.io’s value proposition, create proposals and lead negotiations until contracts are signed and deals are closed.
We are highly focused on the idea of putting Customers First. Quite simply, the more you focus on helping your customers succeed, the more successful you will be. You will become a “trusted advisor” and create win-win outcomes that benefit both Smartly.io and our clients.
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our California office.
As a Senior Account Executive at Smartly you will:
- Sell the Smartly.io product by identifying, cultivating, and closing new business within the assigned territory targeting enterprise organizations
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the value proposition of the platform as well as the existing and future needs of new prospects and existing customers
- Drive performance and scale for customers via creative and automation tools on Smartly's platform
- Partner with Customer Success to cultivate a successful demonstration of our solution, trial and conversion of customer
- Maintain a disciplined pipeline with accurate updates to ensure reliable predictability in revenue forecasting
- Partner with internal stakeholders including but not limited to product/customer marketing, customer success, subject matter experts, technical solutions engineers, and the people/operations teams to ensure operational excellence
Successful Account Executives here will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years of sales and business development experience in ad-tech/mar-tech industries; experience with Facebook, Pinterest, Snap and other Social Media Platforms is a plus
- Understand and have sold SaaS offerings, managed services, and professional services
- Ability to create connections and engage confidently with a variety of audiences, including C-level decision makers, and ideally have existing connections in verticals such as automotive, e-commerce, entertainment, CPG, gaming, retail or travel.
- Ability to collaborate closely with internal cross-functional teams (product, marketing, engineering, customer success, etc.) record of meeting and exceeding quota on a consistent basis
- Strong desire to learn about the product in order to effectively sell up to the C-suite or down to end users as needed
- Fluent in written and spoken English (fluency in other major languages is a plus but not required).
- Able and willing to travel for meetings, conferences and industry events
- Legal right to work in the US.